Alta Provisions Private Chefs
We have a team of our favorite local private chefs catering to groups like yours. Our private chefs typically cater evening meals with:
- Multiple courses
- Cleaning Service
Doug Mills: ($95+)
Doug Mills began his culinary career in Sun Valley back in 2000. After a brief stint at the Alta Lodge, he transitioned into the private chef world where he has been for the past 18 years. A seasoned veteran of ski cuisine, he is a delight to be around and guarantee to please all with his delicious Italian influenced creations. He prides himself on perfectly cooked meats and sauces, pulling inspiration from around the globe. Some of his specialties include:
- Wild Boar Tenderloin in Green Curry with Thai Vegetables
- Wagyu Beef, Roasted Root Vegetables, Red Wine Jus
- Slow Roasted Short Ribs, Sherry Sauce, Mashed Parsnip
- Chicken Marsala, Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts
- Braised Chicken Thighs, Cauliflower Mash, Cardamon Carrots
- Pork Tenderloin, Slow Cooked Apple Fennel Hash, Apple Cider Jus
Customizable: Salad, Appetizers, & Dessert! Cooks to Order!
Situs Pascual Cuadras: ($100+)
I was born and raised in a little winery town close to Barcelona, a 10 minute drive to the Mediterranean Sea, called Vilafranca del Penedes.
I grew up spending a lot of time with my grandparents. My grandma was always cooking family dinners of traditional paellas, various tapas with fresh, local ingredients, and all kinds of barbecues. When I was 23 my passion for ski drove me to move to the Pyrenees between Spain and France where I lived for almost 10 years.
In 2005 I went to Hawaii on vacation and fell in love with the place, and moved there. On Maui, I began my career a chef in a small hotel start called Paia Inn. I prepared breakfast for guests each morning in a beautiful outdoor setting. I got the honor to expend some time cooking with the private chef of Owen Wilson.
After a year of no skiing, I started coming to Utah for holidays, and moved here permanently in 2014. I have been working with some of the best private chefs in the area for 6 years now. After several requests for authentic paellas and Spanish cuisine, I was inspired to branch out on my own and serve those dishes of my grandmother I so fondly remember. My typical menu consists of a wide variety of traditional Spanish flavors served tapas style.
- My Signature Paella
- Mussels Steamed in White Wine
- Bruschettas with Roasted Tomato and Eggplant
- Grilled Steak with Marinated Peppers and Asparagus
- Salad of Endive, Olives, and Romesco
- Patatas Bravas
- Torta Espanola (a potato omlette)
- Catalonian Crème Brulee
- Spanish Charcuterie and Cheeses
These are but a few of my dishes. I use only the finest ingredients, organic when possible, and the freshest seafood available.
If you are looking for a new experience and culinary exploration into the traditional cuisine of my homeland I invite you to take a trip to Barcelona without having to leave your kitchen.
Katie Weinner: ($140+)
I received my culinary diploma from the Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver. I worked at Plumpjack Café in Squaw Valley, Tahoe’s premier dining destination. In 2010 I moved to Salt Lake City to teach at the Art Institute 5+ years. During that time I created SLC POP, a pop-up restaurant / catering and private chef business. I was invited and participated on Top Chef season twelve in Boston in 2014. I now spend my Summers in Montana, fly fishing and cooking at different lodges. But I always return to Utah to snowboard in the fall.
Check out her website slcpop.com for more info and pictures of Katie and her for menu and current availability.
Amy O: ($75+)
Amy is a talented local chef who has been serving the little cottonwood crowd for years. She is a no-nonsense chef who pumps out great food at an affordable price. Her menus start around $75 per head and up
mediumRARE Menu: "Food Done Well"
3-Course Menu Ideas
- Lasagna with Spinach and Portabello Mushrooms
- Pot Roast with Caramelized Onions and Roasted Carrots
- Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili and Goat Cheese
- Dutch Oven Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Grilled Chicken, Sun-dried Tomatoes over Angel Hair Pasta with a Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Marinated Flank Steak
- Shepherd’s Pie with Mashed Potatoes
- Brown Sugar/Mustard Encrusted Pork Tenderloin
- Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Chicken and Vegetables with Coconut Curry
- Clam Chowder
All entrees served with salad, dinner bread and dessert